These are the 5 main issues from the development and IT sector one should care about when choosing a scalable software for an online store!
When comparing and choosing ecommerce platforms, the features can vary on each ecommerce solution so it is important to consider which features are most important to you and your online store.
In this article, we will present to you the 5 most important development and IT features you need to keep in mind when choosing a new scalable software for your ecommerce website:
- Hosting environment: One of the most important decisions is whether you want the option to shop around for hosting services with the purpose to save money or you have the option to choose a platform where web hosting is included. From our point of view – a hosted environment may be a little bit more expensive, however, it is likely to be a lot more secure and stable.
- PCI compliance: The PCI DSS or Payment card Industry Data Security Standard applies to businesses of any size that process transactions and accept credit card payments. If you are planning to accept credit card payments, to process, and transmit cardholder data, you need an ecommerce platform that is PCI compliant. While PCI DSS is not required by law, it is by same states and it is the right thing to do.
- Customer service support: If you have analyzed a few ecommerce platforms, we assume you discovered that many open-source platforms offer little or no customer support. You need to ask yourself – are you comfortable with the fact that you can’t count on a customer support? Would you prefer a scalable platform with a qualified and responsive customer support team? Some platforms offer 24/7 customer support which is quite helpful.
- Flexibility: If you have a lot of products, you need a platform that can scale up and manage high volumes of SKUs. You need a flexible and scalable ecommerce platform.
- Tutorials & Resources: You need to check what type of resources are available for new users? Video tutorials, documentation, forums or something else? The open-source platforms have large developer communities, however, the quality of information and assistance can vary. The fully hosted and sophisticated platforms have their own guides which can help you with everything you need.
Make the right choice! Good luck!
- Shopify vs Magento
- Ecommerce Platform
- Software Solution